Jessie’s Bullets: Cock It and Pull It.
Friday, February 6, 2014
- __3__ Gratitudes (two uninterrupted hours per day while the kids are at school so I can work and pretend to be a hipster, watching New Girl on DVR while I walk fast on my treadmill, these amazingly low gas prices!!! *amiright*)
- __4__ Units of Caffeinated (or otherwise non-water) Beverages (though I have started to drink 20 oz of water between each better-tasting-beverage)
- __1 hrs Spent Writing (working on an outline for a new story)
- _1__ Culinary Delights/Disasters Created With Own Hands (Left over Stoffers lasagna...not my finest moment.)
So...I'm doing an awesome author event in Salt Lake City this coming Tuesday night (February 10th)!
- Courtney Alameda's debut YA horror, SHUTTER just came out this week! It's getting awesome buzz and tons of great reviews. Courtney is not only the hottest librarian Provo has ever had, but she's a brilliant writer and loyal friend. Come buy her amazing book!
- J. Scott Savage is basically the most prolific, generous, and most beloved middle grade author I've ever met. He's written the Farworld Series for Shadow Mountain/Deseret Book and the Case File 13 Series for Harper Collins, among others. Come buy his amazing books!
- The Wells Brothers. Dan Wells is the author of the John Cleaver Series (I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER books) and THE PARTIALS Series, which I studied like text books when I was writing my books. And Robison Wells is the author of the critically acclaimed YA thriller VARIANT (among other books), as well as an out-spoken and powerful voice for those with mental illness. Check out this honest and sincere article he wrote about understanding mental disorders. Come buy their amazing books!
- Jenn Johansson will also be there. She's the author of the Nightwalker Series, including INSOMNIA and PARANOIA, and her brand-spanking-new release CUT ME FREE which is all kinds of Stephen King-esque. Come buy her amazing books!
- Everyone who comes will receive a raffle ticket with the chance to win a $20 bookstore gift card and lots of other fun prizes.
Basically, all these awesome people (who also tend to write frightening stories) will be there, being completely non-frightening. I PROMISE: Everyone is totally normal* in real life, even though we write some scary shiz. (*normal is overrated.)